Vision that extends way beyond 30 cm
"Cios Alpha is a very innovative product with many features that bring us far forward.
It allows us to perform vascular procedures that were not possible with conventional mobile C-arms in the pre-Cios Alpha era." 3
Prof. Dr. med. Sebastian Debus
Director, Clinic and Polyclinic for Vascular Medicine, University Hospital, Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Outstanding images, optimized dose
Retina Imaging Chain with IDEAL dose reduction for excellent image quality at very low dose. In all clinical applications. For patient of all sizes.
Retina Imaging Chain
- Optimal transformation of the X-rays the detector receives into outstanding images
- IDEAL (Intelligent Dose Efficiency Algorithm) for optimal balance of image quality and dose
- Consists of five elements: Retina FD technology, Retina Calibration, Retina Board, Retina Exam Sets, IDEAL dose reduction
IDEAL dose reduction
- Smart dose management system
- Continuously analyzes each and every one of the detector’s 2.2 million pixels
(1.5 k x 1.5 k) and constantly optimizes their dose efficiency
- Automatic regulation of brightness and contrast
Additional Retina elements –
Optimized low dose performance and low dose imaging at any temperature
- Retina FD technology features the latest generation of flat panel detectors, with higher sensitivity and lower electronic noise level.
- Retina Calibration means every single pixel of the flat detector undergoes a complex temperature calibration, allowing real-time temperature compensation during acquisition and resulting in low dose imaging at all temperatures. Even when the detector is cold right after power on.
- The Retina Board continuously optimizes image quality during acquisition by eliminating all detector related artifacts.
- Retina Exam Sets provide a selection of predefined exposure parameters for a broad range of clinical applications; easily customize it to your OR’s specific needs.
Optimize Image Quality and Performance
A bold new vision of surgical image quality
With greater vision comes greater confidence in performing and evaluating even the most complex procedures.
The 30-cm x 30-cm (12x12)1 Full View flat-panel detector technology at the heart of Cios Alpha provides outstanding image quality at the lowest possible dose for a variety of surgical applications including vascular.
- Increase anatomical coverage by up to 25% for better visualization and guidance during procedures
- Save time with automatic brightness and contrast regulation during fluoroscopy
- Sustain patient and personnel safety with high quality images at the lowest possible dose
- Save money by covering the imaging needs of all the most relevant clinical disciplines with a single system
A vision of greater efficiency in the OR
A heavy, hard-to-maneuver C-arm makes it difficult for a surgical team to do their job. It can also waste time and increase operating costs.
The Cios Alpha is engineered to be easy and intuitive. Its 30 cm x 30 cm (12x12)1 Full View flat-panel detector provides exceptional patient access, and its thoughtful, agile design gives users optimal flexibility within the OR.
- Save valuable time with complete system control where you need it, including tableside control for the surgeon.
- Improve accuracy with the touch of a button to automatically return to a saved position
- Minimize error with a fully integrated vascular workflow and features to improve efficiency
- Maximize productivity and accommodate large patients with more free space
- Improve clinical outcome with advanced vascular tools including the unique live graphical overlay for enhanced precision during interventions
Enable a Higher Quality of Care
A vision of improved quality of care
The Cios Alpha is designed to deliver the most powerful generator available in a mobile C-arm (25 kW)1, for optimum penetration of even the densest anatomy.
- Eliminate costly delays due to system overheating with our intelligent power management
- Maximize image quality, even on bariatric patients, with up to 250 mA images
- Optimize performance and imaging with 25kW1 available in all operating modes
- Minimize any image quality degradation with our active cooling
From vascular and cardiac surgery to gastroenterology, urology, trauma and spine surgery. Whatever your surgical discipline, Cios Alpha integrates seamlessly into your workflow.
The Cios Alpha mobile C-arm system provides the power to enable peerless imagery, for every patient, to help providers deliver outstanding quality of care.
Direct table-side control –
Consistent, convenient operability for effective workflow
- Touch-sensitive brake controls mounted on the FD housing for quick and convenient C-arm positioning
- Consistent user interface at the monitor cart, the C-arm and even from within the sterile field - one look and feel, wherever you work from
- Remote User Interface (UI)1 provides complete table-side control
- Multifunctional foot switch1 for hands-free direct access to all operating modes
Controlled and precise movement –
Rapid adjustment lets you get on with the procedure faster
Motorization package1 – for motorized motion of orbital and angular movements
Electromagnetic brakes – for fast and precise C-arm positioning
Compact FD design – provides extended free space for excellent patient accessibility
Single-touch positioning1 for storage of two projections – return to a stored projection at the touch of a button
Ergonomic design –
Simpler, convenient handling and greater maneuverability
- Ergonomic side rails and highly precise orbital roller bearings provide effortless positioning
- Color-coded axes correspond to brake controls for intuitive operation
- Lightweight monitor cart – easily positioned exactly where it’s needed
- EMotion1 onboard sound system – for a working atmosphere that’s music to your ears
Maximal flexibility in data handling and connectivity –
The flexibility to fit the way you work
- DICOM 31 compatible – for system integration into clinical networks
- Comprehensive post-processing options
- CD, DVD, USB – versatile data storage and transfer options
- WLAN1 integration – for direct image transfer
- 100,000 image storage capacity
- SmartView1 – HD VideoManager allowing side-by-side display of X-ray images and images from other modalities like endoscopy
2Compared to today's conventional image intensifiers
The speaker is separately engaged and paid by Siemens to provide product reference services.
The products/features shown on this webpage are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.