VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay (LiPA) (RUO)
Highly Accurate HCV Genotype and Subtype Detection
Perform HCV Genotyping and Subtyping with Greater Accuracy
The VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay (LiPA)* uses the trusted reverse-hybridization technology to provide accurate identification of HCV genotype and subtype specific data for optimal patient therapy.
Extensive Subtype Information
- Positive identification of more than15 different subtypes including 6 (c-l)
- Increased genotyping and subtyping accuracy due to dual target analysis of 5’ non coding and core viral genomic regions
- Highly accurate differentiation of subtypes 1a vs.1b showing more than 96% concordance with NS5B sequencing
- Easy and accurate interpretation with updated chart that includes rare patterns
- Most widely used HCV genotyping assay
- Trusted reverse-hybridization technology (LiPA)
- Validated with NS5B sequencing
Total Genotyping Solution
- Full integration from extraction to automated interpretation
- Minimal hands-on time as most manual steps are automated with the Auto-LiPA 48 or AutoBlot 3000H systems
“The determination of hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype is mandatory to tailor peginterferon-ribavirin treatment dose and duration. Subtype determination is likely to become useful to tailor specific HCV inhibitor therapy and interpret resistance profiles in the near future. The new VERSANT Genotype Assay (LiPA), a second generation line probe assay, contains probes targeting both the 5’ non coding and the core regions of the viral genome. This has improved the accuracy of HCV genotype 1 subtype determination, particularly discrimination between subtypes 1a and 1b, the most frequent HCV subtypes in clinical practice. The assay also displays improved discrimination among HCV genotypes 1 and 6 relative to the previous version. Only 4% of clinical specimens are mistyped with the VERSANT Genotype Assay relative to the reference method (direct sequence analysis of the NS5B region), which makes it the most accurate method for use in clinical practice. The assay is user-friendly and provides quick results.”
Assistant Hospitalier Universitaire
Centre National de Référence des Hépatites B, C et delta
Laboratoire de Virologie et Inserm U841
Hospital Henri Mondor
Universite Paris XII
94010 CRETEIL, FRANCE
* IVDD, CE marked. For Research Use Only in the United States. Product availability varies from country to country and is subject to local regulatory requirements.
VERSANT is a registered trademark of Siemens. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.