VERSANT Sample Preparation 1.0 Reagents Kit
A single kit for extracting either RNA or DNA from a wide variety of specimen types.
Siemens’ proprietary extraction technology uses magnetic particles coated with a nano layer of silica for the efficient isolation of high-quality nucleic acids. Homogeneous bead size and shape improves reproducibility, recovery, and quality of RNA and DNA extractions to enhance performance of downstream molecular applications.
- Fast and easy setup reduces operator time.
- Supports large menu of laboratory developed tests (LDTs) and other manufacturers’ assays.
- Allows extraction of both RNA and DNA from a wide variety of specimen types.
- Helps to minimize your reagent inventory and improve laboratory efficiency.
SP 1.0 Specimen Types Supported*
- Serum and plasma
- Vaginal, endocervical, and urethral swabs
- Cerebral spinal fluid (CSF)
- Nasal-pharyngeal swab
- Buccal swab
- Breast milk
- Cell culture
- PBMC (bully coat)
- Amniotic fluid
- Eye swab
- Bronchial Alveoli Lavage (BAL)
- ThinPep and SurePath collection media
*All specimen types can be consolidated in one batch run. See Instructions for Use as to any specific instructions or limitations.