Image Sharing & Archiving (ISA)
ISA provides a holistic, patient-centric view for all imaging data and unifies enterprise image management and archiving tasks beyond classical departmental or hospital boundaries. In addition, ISA:
- Provides cloud hosting through the safe, secure, and powerful Siemens Healthcare Computing Center (HCC). The world-renowned HCC provides high business continuity and HIPAA-enabling security, averaging more than 200 million secure healthcare transactions per day.
- The ISA service is a combination of on-site and off-site managed storage in a secured data center. The on-site Edge server provides for X TB of data cache providing faster on-demand access, and distribution, while the Siemens and Dell datacenters maintain the permanent data retention.
- Exchanges information on an enterprise level, with referrers, within a Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) or a regional network based on HL7, DICOM standards, and the IHE XDS/XDS-I.b profiles.
- Provides extended services such as DICOM tag morphing because of Siemens long history in healthcare imaging.
- Vendor neutrality is guaranteed due to the collaboration with Dell through its application software and back-up datacenters.
- Provides pricing based on an operational cost model versus a capital cost. The service-level agreement (SLA) is procedure volume-based.