MAGNETOM Trio Upgrade
Upgrade your MAGNETOM Trio to MAGNETOM Prismafit
Upgrading your MAGNETOM Trio to the new MAGNETOM Prismafit will equip your unparalleled 3T magnet with the new and powerful technology. The results: Higher signal-to-noise performance, excellent 3T image quality throughout the body, faster scanning, increased consistency and higher productivity, and new unique software applications opening up new imaging possibilities.
MAGNETOM Prismafit user’s experience
"MAGNETOM Prismafit has the power to explore research and applications at a better level than on standard 3T scanners. The upgrade of our MAGNETOM Trio was actually extremely smooth and we are very grateful about this."1
Professor Rainer Goebel
Maastricht University & Scannexus, Maastricht, The Netherlands
More power for your 3T magnet
Building on your original 3T magnet, you will immediately benefit from the latest MAGNETOM Prismafit technologies: its unique XR 80/200 gradient system, fully parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape and syngo ZOOMit, Siemens’ Tim 4G receive architecture.
Experience outstanding gradient performance with MAGNETOM Prismafit
- New XR 80/200 gradient coil with 80 mT/m @ 200 T/m/s simultaneously, on all three axes
- Ultra-high-performance cooling
- Force-compensated design for reduced vibrations
Benefits: Significantly increased SNR, unprecedented long-term stability and minimized acoustic noise.
Make use of fully dynamic parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape
- Selective excitation to highlight regions, organs, or even features of an organ
- Zoomed imaging with the first parallel transmit application syngo ZOOMit
- Significantly higher resolution, reduced scan times and less artifacts
- Open architecture for new MRI applications
Benefit from higher resolution and faster scanning with Tim 4G receive architecture
- New Tim 4G RF system with 48, 64 or 128 independent channels for faster imaging and higher SNR
- New Tim 4G coil technology with highest coil element density, Dual-Density Signal Transfer, DirectConnect, and SlideConnect technology
- Fully digital transmit and receive with DirectRF
- Real-time feedback loop for excellent long-term stability
New possibilities with higher SNR, better B1 homogeneity, and new software applications
MAGNETOM Prismafit provides state-of-the-art technology for your most demanding clinical tasks. It supports you with extreme 3T power and provides you with virtually unlimited imaging possibilities.
Higher SNR, increased homogeneity
With Tim 4G’s ultra-high-density array you will get increased signal-to-noise (SNR) for all areas of interest. In this case of a large-field-of-view abdomen up to 50 coil elements can be activated.
Additionally, with Siemens standard parallel transmit solution TimTX TrueForm you receive excellent B1 homogeneity leading to a very homogeneous 3T image quality throughout the body.
New unique software applications:
New Generation iPAT2
- More slices and coverage in the same breath-hold
- Phase encoding direction and 3D direction for 3D sequences
- Ultrafast isotropic T1-weighted 3D imaging of the head
CAIPIRINHA (Controlled Aliasing In Parallel Imaging Results IN Higher Acceleration)
- Modified iPAT2 sequence for even higher image quality
- Volumetric 3D imaging
syngo RESOLVE (Readout Segmentation Of Long Variable Echo-trains)
- Unique high-resolution Diffusion-Weighted Imaging (DWI)
- Anatomy-true diffusion imaging for brain, spine, breast, and prostate
Parallel transmit imaging
- Selective excitation of specific body areas with TimTX TrueShape
- First zoom function in MRI with syngo ZOOMit
syngo REVEAL Improvements
- Improved echo planar imaging (EPI) based diffusion weighted imaging for the body.
- Independent selection of the number of averages for each b-value.
- Reduction of total acquisition time
syngo ASL 3D
- Non-invasive evaluation of brain perfusion
- Radiation free alternative to PET
- Increased SNR with shorter scan time
Higher reproducibility, higher productivity with Dot
When upgrading to MAGNETOM Prismafit you immediately benefit from Dot (Day optimizing throughput engine) - the next movement in MRI.
Dot is a new way of scanning in MRI – a better way. Dot scanning uses a suite of customizable engines. Allowing the user to personalize exams according to patient needs, build in step-by-step user guidance, and automate MRI exams – either "out of the box" or based on the institution's standards. Additionally, you can create project‐specific programs to ensure an extremely high degree of reproducibility across group studies, or even multisite research projects.
- Increased consistency and reproducibility
- Greater ease-of-use
- Up to 50% increase in productivity2
With MAGNETOM Prismafit, the following Dot engines are available:
- Brain Dot Engine
- Large Joint Dot Engine
- Spine Dot Engine
- Abdomen Dot Engine
- Angio Dot Engine
- Cardiac Dot Engine
- Breast Dot Engine
- TimCT Angio Dot Engine
- TimCT Onco Dot Engine
Step-by-step from MAGNETOM Trio to the new MAGNETOM Prismafit
1The statements by Siemens' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
2Results may vary. Data on file.