MRI Heroes Kit: Information for Healthcare Providers
Help reduce anxiety in pediatric MRI1 with the MRI Heroes Kit
As part of Siemens MRIamahero! program, the MRI Heroes Kit is designed to educate and empower children so they can be imaged with less anxiety – supporting improved patient safety and accessibly to the preferred (recommended) imaging test.
An available option with all Siemens MR systems, the MRI Heroes Kit includes toys and tools to engage pediatric patients and help them better understand magnetic resonance imaging and the imaging process.
What’s in a kit?
Each MRI Heroes Kit includes:
Educational comic books
Featuring Marvel Super Heroes
- Parents can read to their children and address questions and concerns
- Children can pass time reading the book while in the exam waiting area
- Staff can make an adventure out of the exam, referring to scenes from the book
Takes children through the process of what happens during an MR exam
- Prepare patients and parents for the imaging process
- Show in waiting room or on hospital web site
Superhero capes and comforting items
Help pediatric patients feel special and brave
- Children can dress as a superhero2
- Children can hold onto a superhero plush toy
- Provides hospital staff a fun way to interact with kids
MRI mock-up model
Patients can see, hear and feel
- Staff can use the mock Siemens MRI machine to help educate children on the imaging process
- Can be easily located in the children‘s play area
- MRI imaging sounds are generated with the press of a button
The MRI Heroes Kit is part of Siemens commitment to improving the experience of healthcare for pediatric patients – and to providing solutions to healthcare providers that support improved patient outcomes and help reduce the cost of achieving them.
The MRIamahero! program is provided by Siemens in collaboration with Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian and Marvel Custom Solutions.
If you have any questions, please fill the form below.
Because of some maintenance activities, this service is not available currently.
Please try again later.
1MR scanning has not been established as safe for imaging fetuses and infants less than two years of age. The responsible physician must evaluate the benefits of the MR examination compared to those of other imaging procedures.
2Superhero cape should not be worn while patient is being imaged.