Simultaneous MR and PET imaging.
As the world leader in both MRI and PET, Siemens possesses the engineering expertise to fully integrate the two.
We've designed the first PET detectors that allow the integration of whole-body MR and PET - without compromising the performance of either modality
- MR-compatible PET detectors: unique mMR block detector architecture includes integrated cooling features to provide optimal PET performance, as well as specialized shielding to virtually eliminate magnetic field interference in the PET data processing chain.
- Tim: optimized design for Biograph mMR and low-attenuation materials in Tim mMR coils and the mMR Tim Table minimize attenuation of the PET signals. This helps improve the consistency of PET data results.
The integrated state-of-the art PET detectors and detector cooling channels ensure optimal PET performance in Biograph mMR.
Biograph mMR includes TrueForm Magnet Design. This results in better image quality by reducing the unusable edges in the images as well as better fat saturation for the whole area covered in a scan.
Biograph mMR includes an actively shielded whole-body gradient system for excellent spatial and temporal resolution, enabling patient-specific shimming.
Unique TrueForm RF design includes innovative techniques in the RF excitation hardware as well as new application and processing features.
- Uniform RF distribution in all body regions
- Optimized amplitude and phase transmission settings
- Homogeneous B1 distribution
Siting and installation
Siting one system instead of two allows a significant reduction in costs.
Biograph mMR requires an installation space similar to a conventional 3T MRI system, thus making the most of your precious space. The benefits of Biograph mMR are obvious: one room, one cooling system, one operator.