Established 1.5T performance. With Tim+Dot.
MAGNETOM ESSENZA 1.5T1 - A Tim+Dot System. Built on the experience of more than 1.000 customers, it will help you to be even more productive, more versatile, and more confident in your daily MRI practice.
More productivity. With Tim+Dot.
Introducing Dot® to MAGNETOM ESSENZA perfectly complements this 1.5T MRI scanners outstanding Tim® performance. Making an already highly productive 1.5 Tesla machine even more efficient and easy-to-use.
"Because there's no need to reposition the coils, we can achieve 50-60 patients every day."2
Dr. Li Song Bai
Director of MRI Department
1st Hospital of CMU, Shenyang, China
Dot. The next movement in MRI.
Dot is a new way of scanning in MRI – a better way. Dot scanning uses a suite of customizable engines. Allowing the user to personalize exams according to patient needs, build in step-by-step user guidance, and automate MRI exams – either "out of the box" or based on the institution's standards.
Dot on MAGNETOM ESSENZA
Dot. Taking the complexity out of MRI.
- Manage even complex exam routines with ease
- Use pre-defined exam strategies (Dot protocols)
- Easily adapt exam strategies to patient specific condition
- Be guided step-by-step, even through complicated exams
- Easy and synchronized timing with Auto Bolus Detection
Dot. A new level of consistency and reproducibility.
- Intelligent, automated workflows for image consistency and diagnostic confidence
- Complete scans with virtually no manual adjustments, enabling high reproducibility
- Workflows customizable to your standards
- Easy, consistent follow-up exams, supported by automatic slice positioning & FoV estimation
Intelligent, automated workflows enable a whole new level of efficiency
- Fast scan setup with only a few clicks, supported e.g. by an automated FoV or navigator positioning
- Automated post-processing with automatic, predefined inline technologies
- Higher reproducibility and more accurate timing, reducing the need of scan repetitions
"At the moment we have nine MAGNETOM ESSENZA installed in our sites, and we can smoothly do more than 800 exams a month per machine."2
Dr. Roberto Cortes Domingues
CDPI & Multi Imagem
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Tim sets the standard in MRI.
The integrated coil technology Tim (Total imaging matrix) is synonymous with excellent image quality and fast acquisition speed. The proven technology is now in nearly 8,000 installations.
Your benefits comprise exceptional image quality, faster acquisition, shorter exam time, and higher SNR.
Tim on MAGNETOM ESSENZA
- Select exams, not coils
- 8 or 16 RF channels for up to 46 matrix coil elements
- Head-to-toe imaging without patient repositioning
- Local and total imaging from head to toe, while maintaining a high SNR
- Excellent image quality with high coil density
- Seamless scan range of up to 140 cm with excellent image quality
- Utilize parallel imaging (iPAT) in all directions
- High acquisition speed, high resolution
- Shorter examination times allow increased throughput
Together. Tim+Dot redifine productivity - with an increase of up to 50%3.
Extended productivity at 16-channels.
Up to 4 coils simultaneously, up to 46 elements. The new 16-channel system with the new 16-channel Head/Neck coil enables more flexibility and higher productivity.
- Seamless combination of up to 4 Matrix coils with up to 46 coil elements
- More coverage with the integrated IsoCenter Matrix, 16-channel Head/Neck coil and up to two Body Matrix coils
- Easier coil handling with combined Head/Neck parts and comfortable release mechanism
- Keep the posterior part of the 16-Channel Head/Neck on the patient table for any abdominal exam
Upgraded imaging and iPAT performance
- Twice the number of elements (12 instead of 6) in the head region for improved GRAPPA performance
- Higher performance in abdominal imaging with IsoCenter Matrix and up to 2 Body matrix coils
- Access to the optional 14-ch Extremity coil4 for advanced iPAT capabilities in any direction and improved B1 performance with iTX
- Outstanding SNR with the 16-ch Head/Neck coil
- Complete coverage of the Head/Neck region
- Excellent image quality, in combination with the integrated IsoCenter Matrix coil, for example in C-Spine imaging
More applications. From head to toe.
MAGNETOM ESSENZA delivers outstanding image quality from head to toe. Now based on the latest Siemens MR software platform, MAGNETOM ESSENZA provides access to more standard and advanced applications than ever before.
“The acquisition of MAGNETOM ESSENZA was a great choice, because it surpassed all our expectations, attending the hospitals diversified needs."2
Dr. Cristiano Rezio, MD
Radiologist, Administrative Director
Clínica De Diagnostico, Por Imagem Avançado Goiânia, GO, Brazil
Broaden your clinical scope. With the new MAGNETOM ESSENZA – A Tim+Dot system, you also have access to advanced, cutting-edge applications like:
- CAIPIRINHA: The powerful next generation iPAT application for up to 50%3 faster imaging.
- syngo BLADE: Robust, motion-insensitive imaging for excellent imaging results even for non-cooperative patients, can be used in head, spine, abdomen, and other body regions.
- 3D DESS: T2/T1- weighted, high resolution cartilage imaging.
- 3D CISS: Excellent visualization of fine structures such as cranial nerve, high resolution imaging of inner ear and spine.
- Inline Diffusion: Automatic real-time calculation of trace-weighted images and ADC maps with Inline Technology for stoke imaging and tumor differentiation in head and body applications.
"The MSK examinations, with the Blade sequence, are of very good quality since motion artifacts are reduced. This same BLADE sequence and the 3D isotropic SPACE sequence offer high resolution and well contrasted pelvic and prostate images. In neurology, the results are of very good quality in totally correct acquisition times."2
Dr. Bui, Dr. Tayebjee
Hôpital privé de la Seine Saint Denis, Groupe Générale de Santé
Le Blanc Mesnil, France
More confidence. Through sustainable value
With MAGNETOM ESSENZA value for money meets sustainability. Along the complete lifecycle you benefit from the latest technology and system design. Be more efficient and productive than ever before, at a highly attractive total cost of ownership (TCO).
"MAGNETOM ESSENZA is a true "value for money" system combining both strengths of excellence in imaging and viability for investors."2
Dr. B. Kannan
Director Aravind Krishna Hospital
Sattur, Virudhunagar District Tamilnadu, India
Outstanding TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Low installation requirements with short system design
- Lowest operating costs in class with minimal power consumption3
- State-of-the-art zero helium boil-off technology
An even faster break-even
The new MAGNETOM ESSENZA stands for increased efficiency from day one. It enables you to keep costs low while increasing your number of patients. A sure combination for a faster break-even.
- Increase your standard workflow setup with Tim and GRAPPA: Comprehensive knee evaluation in less than 10 minutes3
- Optimized workflow and great consistency brings dramatic throughput: e.g., up to 20%3 throughput increased with Brain Dot Engine
"The MAGNETOM ESSENZA MR system allows us doing high quality examinations while keeping investment and operating costs under control. ... Today, we have a very good productivity."2
Geoffrey Gatebled, Chief technician
Centre d’Imagerie Médicale de Franconville
1The product is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.
2The statements by Siemens’ customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer’s unique setting. Since there is no “typical” hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
3Results may vary. Data on file.