Transforming 1.5T economics.
MAGNETOM Aera, as the top-of-the-line 1.5T scanner, offers various technological features, aiding you in obtaining excellent image quality and transforming your 1.5T economics.
Siemens' unique technologies
- Tim 4G: The 4th generation of proven Tim (Total imaging matrix) technology provides up to 204 coils elements with up to 64 channels for the accuracy you need.
- Dot: The next movement in MRI. This comprehensive MRI workflow solution helps take the complexity out of MRI scanning. Benefit from a customizable framework for patient personalization, step-by-step user guidance, and exam automation.
More information about Dot and all of the Dot engines.
- TrueForm Magnet and Gradient design enables imaging of large volumes with Open Bore and short magnet design without compromising spatial resolution or speed.
TrueForm Magnet and Gradient design Brochure 2.2 MB
The 70 cm Open Bore 1.5 Tesla magnet on MAGNETOM Aera has a unique TrueForm Magnet and Gradient design for excellent image quality.
Tim’s revolutionary all digital-in/digital-out design Direct RF allows for higher signal purity and improved stability. All transmit and receive components are located at the magnet.
- Optical links between magnet and equipment room to achieve high RF stability
- Transmit and receive path is integrated in the magnet housing
- Dual-Density Signal Transfer enables ultra-high density coil designs by integrating key RF components into the local coil
Siting and installation
MAGNETOM Aera allows for a fast installation and easy siting and small installation space due to the tight integration.
- Min. total space requirement for magnet, electronics and console room