Transforming 1.5T economics.
With Tim 4G and Dot, MAGNETOM Aera can allow for an up to 50% increase in productivity.1 At the same time, MAGNETOM Aera also delivers excellent patient-centered care, helping you offer a comprehensive examination portfolio and attract more patients.
What customers say after testing the prototype of the Cardiac Dot Engine:
"Before, only 2 out of 16 radiographers could perform a cardiac exam. Now all can do it, because it is easier to learn!"
Dr. Russell Bull
Royal Bournemouth Hospital, UK
“With MAGNETOM Aera, we are confident we have one of the most advanced 1.5T MRI systems available on the market today.“4
Prof. Christoph Bremer, MD
Head of the Department of Radiology
St. Franziskus Hospital, Münster, Germany
Dot is the next movement in MRI. As a comprehensive workflow solution, Dot provides a customizable framework for patient personalization, step-by-step user guidance, and exam automation.
- Increased consistency and reproducibility
- Greater ease of use
- Up to 50% increase in productivity1
“On average, we were able to shorten the examination from 25 to 20 minutes per patient.”4
Anton Quinsten, RT, Senior MRI Technologist
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology and Neuroradiology
University Hospital Essen, Germany
Tim 4G integrated
Tim sets the standard in MRI. Tim 4G brings ultra high-density coils combined with the highest channel configurations. The architecture of Tim 4G locates all transmit and receive components at the magnet resulting in a digital-in and digital-out design.
- High resolution imaging
- Faster acquisition and exam time
- Exceptional image quality
Faster patient set-up
Tim technology accelerates patient set up and provides high patient comfort. The Tim 4G SlideConnect and DirectConnect coils along with the Tim Dockable Table accelerate patient set-up even further.
Tim 4G DirectConnect® and SlideConnect® enable high patient comfort and ease-of-use thanks to:
- Faster connections
- Easier set-up
Tim Dockable Table – mobility done right
- Fast patient preparation even outside of examination room
- Integrated Spine 32 coil
- Easy transport
- Optimized comfort for immobile patients
- Holds up to 250 kg/ 550 lb to accommodate more patients
“The MAGNETOM Aera’s detachable table is beneficial as it is easier for transferring bed patients, such as those with cord compression and for use in emergency situations. Radiographers are benefiting from the system’s ease-of-use and appreciate the integrated coil technology which is making for faster scans without compromising on image quality.”4
Head of Radiology Service
Guy’s Hospital, U.K.
Accommodate more patients, get more referrals, and improve your marketability with the 70 cm Open Bore and ultra-short 145 cm system design.
But there is more. MAGNETOM Aera was also designed with productivity and economics in mind, but also patient comfort. A full range of applications and Siemens-unique technologies such as TimCT (Continuous Table move) round out the top-of-the-line 1.5T system.
Patient Comfort - increase your marketability
Patient comfort is a combination of multiple features, including a patient-friendly design and lightweight coils. Accommodate more patients with a 70 cm Open Bore design and ultra-short 145 cm cover-to-cover system design.
- Potentially fewer refused exams and more referrals
- Sharper images due to less anxiety-related movement
- Preferred design by claustrophobic patients2
- Helps reduce sedation rates, fear, and anxiety
- Offers more head-out exams
- Cover a full patient range: pediatrics3, obese, critically ill, kyphostic, and those with respiratory problems, pain and mobility issues, and claustrophobia or anxiety
Providing a more comfortable scanning environment for patients:
- LED light panel can be set to personal preference
- Choose colors according to patient preferences
Reduced lifecycle costs
MAGNETOM Aera offers reduced lifecycle costs and has various environmentally friendly options.
- Low operational costs with low energy and siting costs
- New "green" Eco-Chiller
- Better energy efficiency with workflow technology Dot and Tim 4G
- Zero Helium boil-off
- Green Cooling Package (optional) with automatic adaption to cooling requirements to decrease energy consumption for cooling by up to 50%
Tim 4G + Dot – together they redefine productivity
With the enhanced power of Tim 4G's integrated coil technology and the intelligent workflow automation of Dot, you can equip your staff with tools to allow for an up to 50% increase in productivity.1
Benefit from MAGNETOM Aera’s faster workflow
- Faster patient preparation
- Faster coil set-up
- Faster acquisitions
1Results may vary. Data on file.
2Per nationwide U.S. survey conducted by Siemens.
3MR scanning has not been established as safe for imaging fetuses and infants under two years of age. The responsible physician has to decide about the benefit of the MRI examination in comparison to other imaging procedures.
4The statements by Siemens’ customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer’s unique setting. Since there is no “typical” hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.