An Education Consultation Program for Angiography/Interventional Imaging
PROMOTE BEST PRACTICES FOR INCREASED
QUALITY CARE AND SAFETY
- New procedures and techniques are being developed rapidly, and your staff needs to be kept up-to-date in the ways your Siemens Hybrid OR imaging system can be used.
- A fully-trained staff will utilize the advanced features of your imaging system, which can lead to less invasive procedures and improved patient throughput.
- Whether it’s in regards to minimally invasive or traditional OR surgeries, a well-trained staff is the best guarantee for optimal imaging and surgical safety.
- When used properly, your Siemens Hybrid OR imaging system can help minimize radiation dosage to patients and providers.
OPTIMIZE CLINICAL WORKFLOW AND SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Siemens Hybrid OR imaging systems are built to accommodate multiple procedures and the accompanying staff, but it’s important to realize the most effective way to work and communicate together.
- More than simply reducing workplace frustration, an organized system helps improve patient care by allowing medical professionals to focus on patient.
- An efficiently run system allows for more patients to receive care.
INCREASE OVERALL CONFIDENCE IN USING THE SIEMENS HYBRID OR
- Complexity is inherent in any advanced equipment, so staff members who feel confident using a Siemens Hybrid OR imaging system can focus their attention where it belongs – the patient.
- Employees will gain increased confidence in their hospital and appreciate that their employer provides necessary continuing education.
THE NECESSARY STEPS TOWARD SUCCESS
With the amount of staff and departments that utilize a hybrid OR, it can be difficult to schedule training and ensure everyone involved stays on track. Unless addressed, these issues can lead to ineffective training, which compromises patient care and the significant investment you’ve made in your Siemens Hybrid OR. Siemens understands these challenges and will help you overcome them, but success is dependent on your
facility following each step in the Siemens training program, starting with these preliminary measures:
- Four months prior to your facility going live with patients, a Siemens Hybrid OR Education Consultant administers a needs assessment of your facility.
- At this time, your facility will be told to name a Hybrid OR Coordinator – someone with the time and ability to serve as a point of contact with Siemens, organize staff members, schedule cases for training and ensure staff members follow the training pathways.
- Based on the needs assessment, Siemens customizes the three key phases of the training program to best serve your physicians, technologists, nurses and general OR staff.
- Your staff members – monitored by your Hybrid OR Coordinator – follow the training program, as outlined in the “Siemens’ 3 Phases for a Successful Hybrid OR Training Program” table found on the back of this brochure.