EMIT II Plus Methadone Assay
Monitor compliance with methadone treatment
Methadone is a synthetic analgesic for pain. It is frequently used in maintenance programs as a substitute for heroin or other abused opiates, while allowing the subject to successfully participate in drug rehabilitation. It suppresses opiate withdrawal symptoms, allowing the patients to function well and perform tasks competently. Recreationally, it is abused for its sedative and analgesic effect.
The EMIT II Plus Methadone Assay provides:
- High parent specificity—ensures patient is compliant with methadone treatment
- Identification of low-dose methadone patients at the 150 ng/mL cutoff
- Excellent precision—all within-lab (total) CVs ≤1.7% or less across the assay range
- Dual cutoffs available with one assay
- Ready-to-use liquid reagents, calibrators, and controls
- >95% correlation to reference method (GC/MS)
Applications are available for the Viva-Jr®, Viva-E®, Viva-ProE®, V-Twin® drug testing systems and AU® Series analyzers.