EMIT II Plus Ecstasy Assay
Differentiate MDMA from amphetamines
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), or Ecstasy, is a designer drug. Ecstasy has been called the “love drug” due to the euphoric feelings it produces. This drug of abuse has received notable attention for its use at dance parties called “raves.” Considering the molecular structural similarities between MDMA and its minor metabolite MDA, methamphetamine, and amphetamine, significant cross-reactivity of MDMA and MDA with various amphetamine/methamphetamine immunoassays is not surprising. Immunoassay test results for subjects claiming to have taken MDMA must be viewed cautiously.
The EMIT II Plus Ecstasy Assay provides:
- Designed to detect MDMA, MDEA, and MDA
- Excellent precision—all within-lab (total) CVs ≤2.3% or less across the assay range
- Dual cutoffs available with one assay
- Ready-to-use liquid reagents, calibrators, and controls
- 96% correlation with reference method (GC/MS)
Applications are available for the Viva-Jr®, Viva-E®, Viva-ProE®, V-Twin® drug testing systems and AU® Series analyzers.