SOMATOM Emotion CT Scanners
The Most Popular CT in the World.1
Excellence in Image Detail
Having the industry’s leading detector material is only one important step towards excellence in image detail.
Siemens takes this leadership further with the SOMATOM Emotion family of CT systems by offering the segment leading 1472 active effective detector channels for increased image quality which may potentially aid in diagnosis.
With the smallest focal spot size in its class and fine detector collimation of 6 x 0.5 mm and 16 x 0.6 mm, the SOMATOM Emotion family of scanners provides the clarity and sharpness you require for accurate diagnoses.
Visualization of smallest diagnostic detail with a combination of:
- Smallest focal spot
- UFC detector
- Higher number of effective detector channels
- Small gantry geometry
- Potential for dose reduction with CARE Dose4D
- Significant dose reduction or image quality improvement with IRIS*
Clinical Efficiency Simplified
Excellent image quality is, of course, the main criterion for every CT system, however, a successful workday in CT is also made up of dozens of highly important factors that increase efficiency and throughput.
In the preparation phase of the CT examination, for example, the simple but practical CT storage box that holds all basic CT positioning accessories within easy reach greatly facilitates the ease of patient positioning.
- Patient breathing indicator for improved patient breath-hold
- Streamlined workflow with CT storage box
- Remote access with syngo Expert-i
- Freedom of movement for faster intervention
- Increased efficiency with linked database between scanner and workstation, fast reconstruction, and WorkStream 4D
Savings in Every Scan
From the time of installation, even before you have made your first scan, the SOMATOM® Emotion makes the first step in savings.
The modern, compact design permits easy and efficient installation and requires very little of your expensive floor space. Requiring a total of only 18 square meters – including a scan room as small as 15 square meters – the SOMATOM Emotion has the potential to save you money over the entire life of your CT system.
- Less down-time with fast installation and reduced scheduled maintenance requirements
- Small installation space for reduced rent
- Lower ongoing costs – reduced power and air-conditioning requirements
- Unique Guardian Program for increased up-time
- syngo Evolve – capability for CT upgrades and budget planning
1Based on the number of systems sold worldwide.
* In clinical practice, the use of IRIS may reduce CT patient dose depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location, and clinical practice. A consultation with a radiologist and a physicist should be made to determine the appropriate dose to obtain diagnostic image quality for the particular clinical task.