Webinar: Syphilis Infections and the Clinical Laboratory
Syphilis infections are on the rise in the U.S., and untreated cases may result in serious complications.1
This free educational webinar is designed to increase your understanding of:
- Syphilis infections and recent trends in the U.S.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations
- The advantages and disadvantages of the two main types of laboratory tests for the syphilis bacteria:
- Nontreponemal tests are based on the detection of
antiphospholipid antibodies (IgG and IgM) formed by the
host in response to the lipoidal material released by damaged
host cells and from the treponeme as well.
- Treponemal tests are based on the detection of T. pallidum-specific
Please note that this webinar is not approved for continuing education credit.
Complete the form below to view webinar:
Because of some maintenance activities, this service is not available currently.
Please try again later.
1. CDC. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2010. (downloaded April 4, 2012)