To submit a request, please visit http://usagiving.healthcare.siemens.com. To complete your request, the following qualifications are necessary:
- Letter of Request that includes details on the proposed use of funds and the type of request.
- Selection of funding type: (i) Charitable Donations and Sponsorships, or (ii) Educational Grants
- Event documentation, if applicable (e.g., brochure, letter)
- Completed W9 form - EIN # must match IRS letter
- Agreement to the terms and conditions upon submitting the request form
- Completion of an Acknowledgment Form following the conclusion of the program
After submitting a request, you can check the status by logging into the Healthcare Giving Portal or by calling 1-855-269-8517.
All requests are initially assessed by Siemens Healthineers against the below criteria:
1. For charitable donations and sponsorships, Siemens Healthineers is currently supporting the focus areas of:
- Diagnostic & Interventional Imaging
- Laboratory Diagnostics
2. We cannot be sole supporter. Any given event must also be funded by other organizations as well.
3. Direct-to-beneficiary: Siemens Healthineers does not sponsor third-parties to support donation efforts (e.g., Siemens Healthineers will not contribute to a hospital's fundraiser to benefit a charitable organization). When appropriate, Siemens Healthineers sponsors a beneficiary organization directly.
4. Any charitable fundraiser, such as a gala being sponsored, must provide at minimum 65% of the funds to the intended cause vs. administrative/event expenses (e.g., a $1,000 gala contribution, a minimum of $650 must go to the intended cause while $350 or less could be going to support the costs of the gala).
5. Local chapters of national non-profits: please contact your national team to identify and submit an annual request to Siemens Healthineers. We are unfortunately unable, in most circumstances, to entertain separate requests from local entities.
6. The fundraising is not accomplished via a golf outing or other sporting event.
7. For Donations, we ask whether your organization has requested previous support. It is unusual for Siemens Healthineers to grant multiple donations to the same organization within one year.
8. The request does not fund the following:
- Construction or capital improvements
- Endowments, general operations costs, salaries of employees, etc.
- International programs, even if the charity is a U.S. organization
- Religious or political initiatives
9. The beneficiary/requesting organization must be a U.S. organization.
10. Siemens Healthineers employees may not submit a request on behalf of an organization.
Once submitted, your request will be reviewed by the Siemens Healthineers Review Committee. Submission of a request does not guarantee support. The Review Committee will make decisions only on requests that are complete. You will receive notification regarding the Review Committee's decision. It may take approximately 60-90 days for your request to be reviewed and a decision rendered. Siemens Healthineers will not fund programs/activities after the start date has passed.
Siemens Healthineers may be required to publish or otherwise disclose to Federal and/or State governments the details of any support provided by Siemens Healthineers, including but not limited to organization receiving funds, names of those receiving funds, amount of funding, and purpose of the award.
All decisions are final.