Veterans face high rates of chronic disease, cardiovascular and neurological disorders. They deserve special care--care that provides clinical information necessary for the best diagnosis and treatment. Siemens innovations help you address the unique healthcare challenges for our Veterans and their families.
Manage Mobility Challenges
Siemens has developed an entire family of radiography and fluoroscopy systems, enabling more comfort for Veterans with disabilities.
The MAX family provides one of the most agile systems in the world for imaging those with mobility challenges. Now, for many tests, you can allow patients to remain comfortably seated in their wheelchairs, while providing state-of-the-art x-rays and shortened procedure times.
Siemens has the Tools to Help our Veterans Fight Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer is the leading cancer in the VA1. With new research linking the disease to low Vitamin D levels; testing for deficiency is the key to early intervention and improved outcomes.
Let Siemens be your trusted partner with the ADVIA Centaur Vitamin D Total Assay:
- Accurately measures both Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3 to determine sufficiency and ensures that 25(OH) Vitamin D3 is not overestimated
- Eliminates costs associate with lab send-outs since samples are assessed in-house
- Fastest throughput; results in as little as 18 minutes
1. Zulig L. Jackson G. Dorn RA, et al. Cancer incidence among patients of the United States Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System. Mil Med. 2012; 177 (6): 693-701.
They Deserve a Quiet Suite
Improve the MRI experience for Veterans suffering from PTSD or noise sensitivities with our revolutionizing advanced noise reduction system.
Many Veterans struggle with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injuries, and/or sensitivities to loud noise. For them, the loud and dramatic sounds of a standard MRI could trigger a disturbing experience. Moreover, to avoid the experience they may opt out of MRI’s entirely.
Siemens MRI Quiet Suite is an advanced noise reduction system that lowers sound pressure without compromising imaging quality or efficiency.
Quiet Suite provides a more comfortable exam for Veterans so healthcare providers can :
- Limit repeat exams.
- Better support higher levels of clinical confidence in MRI imaging.
- Avoid unnecessary dose exposure by using MRI instead of CT.
CT Lung Cancer Screening
Veterans are one of the largest at-risk groups for developing lung cancer. CT technology from Siemens Healthineers is uniquely positioned to complement low dose CT lung cancer screening programs – managing workflow, providing consistent results, and saving facilities cost and time.
Reduce the Presence of Metal Artifacts during CT Scans
Improve CT Image Quality using Siemens Healthineers’ iterative Metal Artifact Reduction (iMAR) technology. iMAR reduces the presence of metal artifacts in CT Exams to help you get accurate results the first time.
iMAR is ready for Clinical Routine:
- Available before and after scan acquisition, allowing the user to select the feature whenever necessary.
- Simple user interface and easy-to-use dropdown menu allows artifact reduction to be specified for the type of metal that’s present (hip implants, spine fixations, dental fillings, neuro coils, pacemakers).
The Dirty Secret Brewing in Mobile Imaging
There’s a dirty secret brewing in the world of Mobile imaging: Surgical Site infections (SSI). SSIs nearly double the cost of patient treatment at hospitals yet can be preventable with good infection control.
Surgical site infections (SSIs) pose a significant risk to patients and providers, increasing mortality and morbidity and increasing costs. There’s a better way to minimize the risk of infection in facilities:
Add Mobilett Mira MAX to your total imaging solution to keep infectious diseases at bay:
- Integrated cabling means no exposed cables and easier sanitization that reduces the spread of infectious disease.
- MAXreach is a fully enclosed x-ray tube arm for easier cleaning that cuts the transfer of germs from department to department.
Achieve reliable consistent imaging with the ACUSON P500™ ultrasound system, FROSK edition. The adaptable, hand-carried ultrasound system delivers robust high-end imaging technology in a compact notebook, enabling fast point-of-care imaging.
The easy-to-use system provides benefits including:
- Perform imaging in many clinical settings.
- Maximize flexibility with both touch-screen technology and hard-key controls.
- Improve efficiency. The clear user interface is easy to learn and operate.
- Be protected by a 5-year standard warranty.