Siemens ensures military readiness with innovative solutions that support CONUS and OCONUS military missions. We have extensive experience servicing and implementing imaging equipment in over 190 countries.
Siemens has the tools to help our Veterans fight Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer is the leading cancer in the VA1. With new research linking the disease to low Vitamin D levels; testing for deficiency is the key to early intervention and improved outcomes.
Let Siemens be your trusted partner with the ADVIA Centaur Vitamin D Total Assay:
- Accurately measures both Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3 to determine sufficiency and ensures that 25(OH) Vitamin D3 is not overestimated
- Eliminates costs associate with lab send-outs since samples are assessed in-house
- Fastest throughput; results in as little as 18 minutes
1. Zulig L. Jackson G. Dorn RA, et al. Cancer incidence among patients of the United States Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System. Mil Med. 2012; 177 (6): 693-701.
Reduce the Presence of Metal Artifacts during CT Scans
Improve CT Image Quality using Siemens Healthineers’ iterative Metal Artifact Reduction (iMAR) technology. iMAR reduces the presence of metal artifacts in CT Exams to help you get accurate results the first time.
iMAR is ready for Clinical Routine:
- Available before and after scan acquisition, allowing the user to select the feature whenever necessary.
- Simple user interface and easy-to-use dropdown menu allows artifact reduction to be specified for the type of metal that’s present (hip implants, spine fixations, dental fillings, neuro coils, pacemakers).
Deploying Imaging Units
Siemens Healthcare is one of the world’s largest suppliers of medical infrastructure. We have extensive experience in implementing and servicing imaging and laboratory equipment and mobile units in field hospital settings across the world.
CT in ISO Container:
Computed tomography is the central diagnostic imaging method in the management of life-threatening disease and trauma, and not just at home. The German army now deploys CT imaging in ISO Container systems as part of the treatment routine of soldiers in overseas operations.
CT in ISO container Case Study
They Deserve a Quiet Suite
Improve the MRI experience for service members suffering from PTSD or noise sensitivities with our revolutionizing advanced noise reduction system.
Many service members struggle with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injuries, and/or sensitivities to loud noise. For them, the loud and dramatic sounds of a standard MRI could trigger a disturbing experience. Moreover, to avoid the experience they may opt out of MRI’s entirely.
Quiet Suite provides a more comfortable exam for service members and their families so healthcare providers can :
- Limit repeat exams.
- Better support higher levels of clinical confidence in MRI imaging.
- Avoid unnecessary dose exposure by using MRI instead of CT.
Dirty Secret Brewing in Mobile Imaging
There’s a dirty secret brewing in the world of mobile imaging: Surgical Site infections (SSIs). SSIs nearly double the cost of patient treatment at hospitals yet can be preventable with good infection control.
Surgical site infections (SSIs) pose a significant risk to patients and providers, increasing mortality and morbidity, and increasing costs. There’s a better way to minimize the risk of infection in facilities.
Add Mobilett Mira MAX to your total imaging solution to keep infectious diseases at bay:
- Integrated cabling means no exposed cables and easier sanitization that reduces the spread of infectious disease.
- MAXreach is a fully enclosed x-ray tube arm for easier cleaning that cuts the transfer of germs from department to department.
Help the Little Heroes of our Nation’s Big Heroes with MRI’s
Caring for the children of our heroes is part of your daily mission. Now your department can improve the MRI experience for children with the MRI Superhero Kit.
Improve the MRI experience for children and help reduce anxiety with the MRI’s Superhero Kit. As part of our MRIamahero! Program, the MRI Heroes Kit enables you to:
- Improve the comfort of pediatric patients and families.
- Support improved patient safety in pediatric MRI.
- Improve workflow efficiency and decrease costs.