The Stratus® CS Acute Care™ NT-proBNP assay is an in vitro diagnostic test for the quantitative measurement of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) in heparinized plasma. In individuals suspected of having CHF, measurements of NT-proBNP are used as an aid in diagnosis and the assessment of severity. The test is further indicated for the risk stratification of patients with acute coronary syndrome and heart failure, resulting from left-ventricular dysfunction.
Measurements of NT-proBNP are used as an aid in the diagnosis of individuals suspected of having congestive heart failure (CHF). Other potential clinical uses of NT-proBNP are risk stratification of patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and CHF, as well as treatment and monitoring in patients with left ventricular dysfunction (LVD).
Delivering What Matters
- One sample, one run, one instrument; increased efficiency in triaging chest pain patients
- Rapid turnaround time - in as little as 14 min. (with on-board centrifugation)
- Single and ready to use TestPaks™ Cartridges
° No reconstitution
° No warming to room temperature
° Reduction in reagent waste
° Reduction in contamination
- Heparinized whole blood samples
- Electronic QC (System Check) satisfies daily routine QC requirements permitting liquid QC flexibility
For additional information on NT-proBNP visit our educational website